If the kitchen is for making delicious food, then the dining room is the best space to share delicious food, but when sharing delicious food, there must be a dining table. We know that there are vario...Read More >
Plywood is a three-layer or multi-layer board-like material that is made of wood sections that are peeled into veneers or sliced into thin wood, and then glued with adhesives. Such building materials ...Read More >
As the saying goes, everything is difficult at the beginning, which is a headache for novices who start to choose furniture. In order to prevent regret later, you also need to know some knowledge abou...Read More >
With the improvement of everyone's living standards, now every family has a lot of furniture. There is a wide variety of furniture on the market, and solid wood furniture is a favored one. As solid wood furniture is made of wood, people will paint it to make it more beautiful and durable. Now Dimei will introduce the painting methods and process of solid wood furniture for you.
(1) Base material treatment
The moisture content of wood materials of high-quality solid wood furniture is higher than 12%.
Construction cannot be carried out when there is a sense of moisture in hand. The wood base material must be clean and flat, and there shall be no impurities such as oil stain and glue on it. If there is an oil stain, it can be removed with Banana oil.
(2) Substrate treatment before carpentry construction
The primer or surface cleaning primer shall be used for sealing, and the surface dust and dirt, especially glue, shall be removed before sealing. Then carry out construction treatment, and then carpenters enter the site for construction.
On the treated base material, if the surface is rough, it is necessary to apply 1-3 times of transparent putty at an interval of 2-3 hours. Scraping the putty evenly and smoothly, and there is no need to polish and dry between layers. Puttying can also be arranged before woodworking or after woodworking is completed. The putty does not have to be diluted. Generally, it would be better to scrape after one coat of primer.
Before applying water-based paint, the wood which has been painted by oil-based paint needs to sand the base of the paint. Usually, it is sanded with 360# sandpaper to remove the dust, then painted with the water-based primer, otherwise, the adhesion of the paint film will be affected.
When painting the primer for high quality solid wood furniture, for some rough base materials, they shall be polished with 360-400# sandpaper first, and the primer can be painted only after the grinding dust is removed, otherwise, it will affect the future construction. The dust that has entered the wood grain can be removed with a brush or with a wet clean towel and cloth.
(1) Sweeping, nailing and degreasing, and other white embryo treatment, first with water-based putty block nail holes, cracks, collapses, dark pits, and other defects. Generally, use wood-colored water ash, but also their deployment materials. The principle is that the color must be the same as the natural color of the wood. This is mainly in the case of the wood white embryo with obvious defects, filled with wood-colored water ash, colored transparent surface with a darker color spray, which can better conceal the defects of the substrate, ensure a uniform color.
(2) Use 150# abrasive paper to polish completely.
(3) For the first full puttying, use a knife or scraper to scrape the oil putty into the nail holes and joints. When scraping, wipe it horizontally and vertically, then clean it. After it is dry, polish it gently along the wood grain with sandpaper and wipe it with a wet cloth or cotton yarn.
(4) Polish the solid wood door panel with 180# abrasive paper.
(5) Brush oil color. For wood with large mane eyes, you can wipe the color paste first. For wood with small mane eyes, such as pine, it is not necessary to wipe the color. Only a special process requires the wiping color.
(6) The first paint of solid wood furniture shall be applied with varnish. Attention shall be paid to the following when applying varnish: brush with two types of varnish and three times. The first brush should be painted a little thinner with a little dilute varnish. After more than12 hours until it's dry, polish it with thinner sandpaper, then brush it for the second time, and finally polish it with polishing sandpaper after it is completely dry for the third time.
(7) Refill the putty. This putty repair is mainly to improve the defects left out last time.
(8) Polishing: Polish with 180# dry sandpaper, then with 240# and 320#, and finally polish with 600# sandpaper or elastic silk cloth.
(9) Brush the second coat of varnish 5-7 times continuously, subject to filling the bristle hole. For wood with large bristle holes, such as Fraxinus mandschurica, spraying paint is not recommended, and the interval between each coat shall not be less than 4 hours.
(10) Polish the first coat of varnish to a smooth surface.
The above is the introduction of relevant knowledge about the painting methods and process of solid wood furniture, hoping to be helpful to the solid wood furniture painters. Painting can not only protect furniture but also play a beautiful role. Many people will repaint the furniture after it has been used for a long time, to improve the durability of the furniture.