When facing wooden furniture, many consumers seem a bit confused and cannot distinguish between solid wood furniture and veneered panel furniture. And in order to sell the products quickly, some sales...Read More >
The greatest advantage of solid wood chairs lies in the natural wood grain and the diverse natural colors. Since solid wood is an organic entity that constantly breathes, it is recommended to place it...Read More >
We all know that solid wood dining chairs are tables made mainly of solid wood for dining. Generally, furniture made of solid wood rarely contains other materials, because both the main and auxiliary ...Read More >
Plywood, one of the three artificial boards, is the common material used by household furniture and can also be used as material for plane, ship, train, automobile, architecture and packaging box. Currently, the market is flooded with a large number of low-priced eucalyptus core plywood and flame-retardant plywood. In fact, these poplar wood core panels have been treated with surface coloring, so the appearance of them is basically the same as the eucalyptus ones. Today, I will introduce to you how to distinguish between genuine and fake plywood furniture and how to distinguish between good and bad plywood furniture.
(1) Observe the toughness of wood. The toughness of the eucalyptus core is higher than that of the poplar core. The eucalyptus core plywood is not easy to be twisted when it is turned while the poplar core plywood will appear softer.
(2) Distinguish them by color. The natural colors of these two materials are very different. The counterfeiters just paint the surface of the wood, so the interior of the wood of the plywood custom furniture remains the original color. It can be distinguished by peeling off the surface. The poplar is white while the eucalyptus core is brownish red.
(3) Weigh the weight. The density of the eucalyptus core and the poplar wood core are very different. The eucalyptus core is much heavier than the poplar wood core under the same volume. Just compare it with your hands and you can feel it.
(1) The furniture made of plywood should have clear wood grain, smooth and clean front and should not be rough but flat.
(2) The appearance of good plywood furniture is free from damage, knots, or bruises. Pay attention to the consistency of the color and the overall feeling of the wood grain.
(3) The plywood should not have defects like damage, bug holes, nail holes, dead knots, burrs, groove marks and so on.
(4) Some plywood is made by patching together two kinds of veneers with different textures. Therefore, when choosing, be aware that the joints of the plywood should be tight and there should be no unevenness. Especially there should not be two different patterns on one piece of plywood, otherwise it will hinder the reasonable use, cause waste, and affect the appearance of modern plywood furniture.
(5) If you can smell a strong pungent smell, it means that the plywood furniture contains many harmful ingredients. Such kind of plywood is not only of low quality, but also more harmful to the human body.